This information has been summarized and reduced in order to provide a basic understanding; exceptions are not fully covered.
Please always refer to current FARs to get all necessary details.
FAR 61.183 [Eligibility Requirements] [Excerpt]
To be eligible for a flight instructor certificate or rating, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be able to read, speak, write and understand the English language.
- Hold either a commercial or airline transport pilot certificate with an aircraft
category and class rating appropriate to the flight instructor rating sought.
- Hold an instrument rating, if you hold a commercial pilot certificate and are applying
for a instructor certificate with an airplane rating, or a powered-lift rating, or an
- Log at least 15 hours as pilot in command in the category and class of aircraft that is
appropriate to the flight instructor rating sought.
- Pass the knowledge tests.
- Pass the practical test.
FAR 61.185 [Aeronautical Knowledge] [Excerpt]
If you are applying for a flight instructor certificate, you must receive and log ground
training from an authorized instructor on:
- The fundamentals of instructing, including the learning process, elements of effective
teaching, student evaluation and testing, course development, lesson planning and
classroom training techniques.
- The aeronautical knowledge areas for a recreational, private, and commercial pilot
certificate applicable to the aircraft category for which flight instructor privileges are
- The aeronautical knowledge areas for the instrument rating applicable to the category
for which instrument flight instructor privileges are sought.
|| Bell 206LT TwinRanger - Instrument Panel
Copyright © GG-Pilot.com - All rights reserved.